2000 Honda CR-V Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Honda CR-V
- How much should a full front and rear brake job cost?
- Misfire codes and rough idling at stops
- once warm, won't go into or stay in 3rd. or high under mod -heavy throttle
- how to repair a problem with the column mount shifter lock
- my cars engine light came on...its got 212000 miles on it. recently had the timing belt changed and new head put on... i know it needs a new fuel filter, rear differential fluid, and a pvc valve. whats the dealership gonna charge for diagnostic/repair?
2000 Honda CR-V Problems
A groaning noise from the rear differential heard while going through turns can be caused by differential fluid break down. Servicing the rear differential will generally correct this concern.
The front brake rotors can warp and cause a vibration when braking. The rotors will need to be machined or in cases where they are worn to thin, replaced to correct this issue.
2000 Honda CR-V Questions
Manual trans, once warm, won't go into or stay in 3rd. or high under mod -heavy throttle, (as if getting onto highway) as well the throttle all but stops, lowering the RPMs. There is no grinding and if shifted under low RPMs (throttle) the vehicle will shift through the gears. ???
shifter is locked into park until spare key is inserted into slot on top of column
the light came on (steadily)and it seemed to have rough shifting w/no get up and go....then it started jerking/shaking/stalling and the light blinks off and on... its vital i have a trustworthy vehicle, and i want to get a full high maint...workup and see whats what and start from there fixing al...