1999 Honda CR-V Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Honda CR-V
- how do i replace the front struts, step by step
- ECT code popped up. Began with high idle in hot weather and stalled at stops...
- wiring harness,CRV,drivers door between that into body - houses internal wires
- what causes mileage to drop? used to get 25 town, 33 highway, now only 18 mpg
- My taillights remains on after I shut the vehicle off. What could be the problem
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1999 Honda CR-V Problems
The AC compressor may seize resulting in loss of cold air from the AC vents. Often when the compressor fails in the fashion, debris is spread through out the entire air conditioning system resulting in very expensive repairs.
A groaning noise from the rear differential heard while going through turns can be caused by differential fluid break down. Servicing the rear differential will generally correct this concern.
The front brake rotors can warp and cause a vibration when braking. The rotors will need to be machined or in cases where they are worn to thin, replaced to correct this issue.
1999 Honda CR-V Questions
1999 honda crv 2.0L auto with 284k miles. Problem began with high idle all of a sudden while driving and stalling at stops. Thought it was idle air control valve but only code to show was etc...turned idle down...made no difference. Returned idle to previous position. Code for etc came up and a...
currently having timing belt replaced and valve repaired that was only functioning at 50%
Also it shuts off while driving and is hard to start. I think the problem has something to do with electrical or a switch. Please help. Thank you
1999 Honda CR-V Recalls
The electrical contacts in the ignition switch may be worn. This may cause the engine to stall while driving, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the ignition switch to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin by June 14, 2002.
An improperly routed under dash wire harness could be damaged by contact with the brake light switch. This may result in a blown fuse, which can affect critical electrical components. Dealers will install a 70mm protective, corrugated plastic tube over the wire harness.
1999 Honda CR-V Reviews
I love my car so much I never want to replace it! I haven't seen anything I want more than my CRV. Hate the "new" CRVs after the 2001 redesign. HORRID! The latest redesign is better but now it looks like a station wagon. The '99 upgrade on HP made it nearly perfect. All I'd like is 6 cyl. but I can live with my light truck. I've always done recommended service on schedule and I've never h...
Great car, I got 285K miles on it, no major problems. Let's see an American car do that! Liked it so much I bought a 2005 CRV.
I leased my 1999 CRV and then bought it at the end of the lease, it is now free and clear. I have not had one single problem in the 10 years i have driven it. It now has 73000 miles. It has never has seen a mechanic for repairs, only maintenance. I will drive until it dies.