1998 Honda CR-V Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Honda CR-V
- Groaning Noise on Turns Due to Differential Fluid Breakdown
- Warped Front Brake Rotors May Cause Vibration When Braking
- Faulty Master Cylinder Resevoir Filter Can Cause Brake Light After Cold Start
- Engine Valves May Fail Prematurely and Cause Engine Problems
- Rear Trailing Arm Bushings Crack/Break and Need Replacement
- how many book hours to change automatic transmission? 4WD
- My transmission loses power going up a hill
- need to fix cowl to prevent water leak on passenger well floor
- How to repair cowl leak that causes water to pool up on passenger floor well.
- My car will suddenly shut off while driving, lights still on.
1998 Honda CR-V Problems
A groaning noise from the rear differential heard while going through turns can be caused by differential fluid break down. Servicing the rear differential will generally correct this concern.
The front brake rotors can warp and cause a vibration when braking. The rotors will need to be machined or in cases where they are worn to thin, replaced to correct this issue.
A faulty brake master cylinder reservoir filter can cause the brake system indicator to illuminate after a cold start and then go off. Replacement of the reservoir filter will commonly fix this problem.
1998 Honda CR-V Questions
Would like to see pictures or video to see how to remove cowl and reseal it.
1998 Honda CR-V Recalls
The electrical contacts in the ignition switch may be worn. This may cause the engine to stall while driving, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the ignition switch to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin by June 14, 2002.
An improperly routed under dash wire harness could be damaged by contact with the brake light switch. This may result in a blown fuse, which can affect critical electrical components. Dealers will install a 70mm protective, corrugated plastic tube over the wire harness.
1998 Honda CR-V Reviews
The interior has aged quite well. There might be some slight fading of the upholstry but there has been otherwise no signs of wear. I did however wear through the driver's side floor mat, down to the backing. Also the windshield wiper arms paint is starting to wear off. But then the car has 187K on it. My husband keeps thinking this car will need to be replaced because it is 10 years o...
I bought Honda CR-V 1998 a year ago. Overall, I am pretty satisfied with the car considering its age and mileage (over 130,000). However, I had to pay about $400 to replace both of my front lower arm controls. After some research I discovered that hondas do have that problem... But again, otherwise runs great.
Bought this car at 60,000 miles problems with it. Interior leak weather seal leak, A/C stopped working, Heater Blower motor, Rear trailing arms, transmission housing leak, Radiator cooling fan stopped, A/C cooling fan stopped, struts, strut bushings, engine mounts bad. When I purchased this car I thought it would be good on country gravel roads because it comes in a 4wheel drive package. I was ...