1997 Honda CR-V Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Honda CR-V
- my CRV auto transmission only loses 3rd gear win it gets wormed up What,s Wrong.
- Go to start car,turning key to standby before before starting,tacometer bounces.
- Mechanic said I needed a new distributor (220000 miles) - car lost power 3x
- has lost power 4x in 2 weeks, rolls to stop but then starts right up again
- my d4 light is flashing on the dash
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1997 Honda CR-V Problems
The AC compressor may seize resulting in loss of cold air from the AC vents. Often when the compressor fails in the fashion, debris is spread through out the entire air conditioning system resulting in very expensive repairs.
A groaning noise from the rear differential heard while going through turns can be caused by differential fluid break down. Servicing the rear differential will generally correct this concern.
The front brake rotors can warp and cause a vibration when braking. The rotors will need to be machined or in cases where they are worn to thin, replaced to correct this issue.
1997 Honda CR-V Questions
He said there was oil leaking into it. but Repair Pal doesn't even show that on their Estimator list. There was an ignition switch recall years ago so he didn't think that was prob. Any idea of what it should cost parts and labor. Car would start right back up. I appreciate any comments t...
Normally smooth running and no start up problems. But very terrifying to lose all power, though lights/hazards weren't affected
i run a scan on my transmission and it shows that there is a problem with (1)"P1758 TCC solenoid valve b" and (2)the A/T range switch gear position short" where can i find these two components?
1997 Honda CR-V Recalls
The electrical contacts in the ignition switch may be worn. This may cause the engine to stall while driving, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the ignition switch to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin by June 14, 2002.
1997 Honda CR-V Reviews
I have had my 1997 Honda CRV for 7 years. In that seven years, I have had to replace the entire A/C system twice and it is now once again not working. I took it to two repair shops and they are telling me I have to have the entire sytem replaced again!! This is ridiculous!!!! Of course, Honda is refusing to help in any way even though they know their is a defect in these systems and they sh...
I have a 1997 Honda CRV that is over 200K and it's driving beautifully. I do regular maintenance, but in general treat her fairly rough. I threw out one of my boots driving too rough, but she handles everything fairly well. The 25% power transfer with the Real time 4wd isn't the best for O/R but it gets you over the rough spots with the high clearance and she looks like she is walking through d...
I own a 1997 Honda CRV automatic All Wheel Drive. It has been a wonderful car. I commute 45 miles each way to work gas mileage is great. I have two small children and love the height of the car, it makes accessibility to take children in and out of their car seats great. The relatively large cargo area in the rear (seeing as the spare wheel is mounted on the outside of the rear door) comes in v...