2009 Honda Civic Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Honda Civic
- What makes my manual transmission hard to shift?
- how many quarts of oil does it take to change the oil and filter?
- How do I deactivate my anti theft system on a 2009 honda civic? It wont turn on
- Oil (life) change indicator & Engine Maintenance light
- What is a ringing bell type noise coming from the front drivers side? (I think)
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2009 Honda Civic Problems
On certain models the windshield wipers will not park in the proper place or won't shut off. The wiper motor must be replaced to repair this issue.
Damaged engine mounts can lead to vibration and roughness felt in the steering wheel. A rattle in the dash and engine area may also be heard. Replacement of damaged mounts will commonly correct these issues.
On Certain models a faulty power window switch can cause the power windows to work or not work intermittently.
2009 Honda Civic Questions
Ringing bell type sound when driving. Sounds like its on drivers side. Does it for a while then goes away then comes back again.
cannot operate central locking or set car immobiliser via key fob. car can only be locked by inserting key into car door, and car alarm cannot be set at all. new to this site and have read various helpful posts. Will try various solutions tommorrow. any more ideas would be more than welcome.
The driving is not smooth and the changing automatic gear num is quite slow.
2009 Honda Civic Reviews
Love the car, except for lousy a/c
Front brakes gone after 20,000 miles of mostly highway driving. That's outrageous, should last 40,000 miles or more. Honda just says, "Yeah we know about problems with the brakes on 2009 Accords, but Civics are fine". I don't buy that.
Computer program for antilock brakes is dicey.. my wife had a low speed accident because the brake pedal would not push down.....