2005 Honda Civic Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Honda Civic
- my cars rpm is continually fluctuating by which the rpm is not steady
- need to replace brakes and possibly rotors, i head grinding when i stop and squeaking when i drive. estimate cost of repair. 2005 honda civic LX
- How can I fix my broken heating system and airbag/brake lights?
- How to fix code P0402
- What is this knocking noise
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
2005 Honda Civic Problems
Damaged engine mounts can lead to vibration and roughness felt in the steering wheel. A rattle in the dash and engine area may also be heard. Replacement of damaged mounts will commonly correct these issues.
On certain models the windshield wipers will not park in the proper place or won't shut off. The wiper motor must be replaced to repair this issue.
On some models the hood release cable breaks at the hood release handle.
2005 Honda Civic Questions
it does it between 1000 and 2000 rpm
I hear a knocking noise at 3000 rpm it has been getting louder what can it be also there is times where I can't go past 3000 rpms why does it do that ? Please and thank you
Light came on months ago / airbag . No reason why. My husband put wire in sensor to reset. It worked for an hour then came back on.
2005 Honda Civic Recalls
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in southern Florida, along the Gulf Coast, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, Saipan and American Samoa. Upon deployment the passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will replace the passenger side air bag inflator to correct this concern.
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Honda dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
2005 Honda Civic Reviews
I bought my 2005 Honda Civic LX on Dec 31 2004. I now have 169000 on this vehicle, most of the miles are hwy. I am just now starting to have some problems with this vehicle that could end up costing me some hefty amounts of money. Example of problems are electrical the dash board gauges are going to zero reading even though the dash lights stay on and at the same time the airconditioning stops ...
My honda has 103,825 miles and for about a year I have been having it over heat on me. Not all the time but when I have been on the highway for any legth of time it would over heat and I take it to a shop have thermostate replaced, everything else checks out. I does it again 6 months later and noone could figure out why. I googled the signs I have been having and found out that other 2005 Ho...
This is my favorite car I've ever had. I plan on driving it into the ground, but I'll take darn good care of it along the way. The headlights are a pain in the ass to change because the wheel well blocks easy hand access. Great mileage.