2004 Honda Civic Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Honda Civic
- what is wrong when right rear window goes down but not up using master switch?
- Engine overheating have new fan, fan sensor fan sensor relay and new radiator
- what can happen if reservoir bottle is filled pass the max mark?
- catalytic coverter replacement cost
- My Civic making vibration & Rumbling noice in idle or running..
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 Honda Civic Problems
On certain models the windshield wipers will not park in the proper place or won't shut off. The wiper motor must be replaced to repair this issue.
Damaged engine mounts can lead to vibration and roughness felt in the steering wheel. A rattle in the dash and engine area may also be heard. Replacement of damaged mounts will commonly correct these issues.
On some models the hood release cable breaks at the hood release handle.
2004 Honda Civic Questions
new coolant added as well can it be the heater core?
what kind of problems can occur when i do this? my bottle is so difficult to see the level
Vibration was really visible when the engine was cold, i can see whole car is vibrating including moonroof. Also rumbling noise at low speeds(20-30MPH) either accelerating or decelrating..Initially mechanic only found bad front motor mount and fixed it.However no change to vibration or noise. Se...
2004 Honda Civic Recalls
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Honda dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
Honda recalled certain compressed natural gas (CNG) Civic vehicles to add insulation to the rear seat back. In the event of an interior fire, the CNG tank could become compromised due to uneven heating, preventing the pressure relief safety device from functioning as designed. If the tank heats and does not vent the contents, the tank could rupture and explode. Dealers will install the insulation to help protect the tank from uneven heating.
2004 Honda Civic Reviews
I love my 2004 Civic! Bought it new, has well over 100,000 miles, and it lasts and lasts, and still looks pretty darn good. Best buy I ever made.
My 2004 civic 1.7 is a piece of crap . Blown head casket , blown exhaust manifold gasket at 185,000 Km . Get rid yours before 150,000 or you will suffer the same results as all do around this mileage .The engine is a lemon over 160,000 . Read the problems of this engine which are well documented . Honda will not help you in the least although they know very well of these problems . The manual t...
It's like the everyready battery! It keeps going and going! Had a Ford previously and it was a good solid car with more OOMPH than the Civic, but at 70K the interior hardware came apart and about every 30K the brakes needed work. Not this car, it is solid. I am at 120K and brakes after only one revamp are still good.