2001 Honda Civic Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Honda Civic
- smell of gas changed gas cap replaced hose leading to charcoal canister help
- I have an oil valve cover gasket leak. Are these vacuum sealed or can i fix it?
- Eng. started and shut off. OBD2 scanner w/key on says ign. not on.
- My brakes are slowing the car down the longer I drive, What could it be?
- got new battry 2001 hondacivic-faild smogtest-if I disconnect battery canI pass?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2001 Honda Civic Problems
Damaged engine mounts can lead to vibration and roughness felt in the steering wheel. A rattle in the dash and engine area may also be heard. Replacement of damaged mounts will commonly correct these issues.
On certain models the windshield wipers will not park in the proper place or won't shut off. The wiper motor must be replaced to repair this issue.
On some models the hood release cable breaks at the hood release handle.
2001 Honda Civic Questions
smells all the time no visible gas leaks should I change the canister or ? problem for months is there a recall
I was told they are vacuumed sealed and I have never heard of this and want to fix it myself, Can I do it and not run into problems? Thanks
Need to know where OBD port gets ign. signal. Direct or through PCM or ECU..etc
2001 Honda Civic Recalls
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in southern Florida, along the Gulf Coast, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, Saipan and American Samoa. Upon deployment the passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will replace the passenger side air bag inflator to correct this concern.
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Honda dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
Airbags use a chemical reaction contained in an inflator module to create the pressure necessary to inflate the bags when deployment is required. These vehicles are being recalled because the front passenger airbag inflator may produce excessive internal pressure when deployed. As a result, the inflator module could rupture causing metal fragments to strike vehicle occupants. Dealers will inspect and replace any defective passenger front airbag inflator module found.
2001 Honda Civic Reviews
Reliable, cheap to maintain. Classic civic. daily driver. Good job honda!
Excellent Vehicle, I bought it when it had 113,000 miles now it has 138,000. No Problem so far with anything. It's Stick Shift, great Pick up, great performance. I LOVE THIS CAR.
I bought my 2001 honda civic LX 4DR in january of 2008 not a single problem initially did alternator, battery etc but now if you see my car is excellent I like factory stuff and factory accessories. Have a complete original factory body kit, original alloy wheels, navigation, original dash trim kit. I always by geneuin parts & accessories and if you maintain it, it willnever give you any problem.