1991 Honda Civic Si Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Honda Civic Si
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1991 Honda Civic Si Problems
The front brake rotors can warp and cause a vibration when braking. The rotors will need to be machined or in cases where they are worn to thin, replaced to correct this issue.
Plugged moon roof drains can cause a water leak inside the car, usually over the head of the driver or passengers head when turning a corner. Cleaning the drains will fix this problem.
Certain models can leak oil externally or allow coolant into the combustion chamber due to a faulty head gasket. The head gasket needs to be replaced to correct this problem.
1991 Honda Civic Si Questions
Only happens when outdoor temp is over 80 degrees.
I'm in Houston area -- so that's 10 mos/yr.
Started a little over a year ago -- now MUCH, MUCH WORSE!
Happens when car has not been started or run for hours IF sitting in direct sunlight.
Also happens under shade if car has b...
where is the drain for the sunroof located? mine leaks when it rains sometimes and runs down my shirt collar or onto my passenger when i go around a curve. i've read that it is a common problem on honda and acura caused by a clogged drain but i can't find the drain. how do you access it?