2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid
- i need to find a new transmission
- I have 2003 Honda civic hybrid and when I Start it the ima light comes on..
- IMA,Check Engine Light,(P1420/P1600) SRS Light are on and code P1420?
- P1449,P1420 and P1600.Had diagnostic done, they said no issues. lights still on?
- Front wheels heat up excessively. Too hot to touch.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Problems
Front compliance bushings may crack and break. Damaged bushing should be replaced before damaged is done to suspension components.
On Certain models a faulty power window switch can cause the power windows to work or not work intermittently.
A vibration may be felt in the steering wheel upon brake application. Our technicians tell us that this condition is generally caused by warped front brake rotors. Replacement or re-machining of the faulty rotors will be necessary to correct this issue.
2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Questions
Does anbody know how to get rid of that IMA light without replacing the battery pack?I tried removing to 12volt battery terminals and putting them bk on but that light eventually came bk. Please help thank you
I bought this car in March. IMA and Check Engine light was on. Had diagnostic done at Honda asap. They said the only issue was the 12v. So I replaced it. Tech said there wasnt any communication found with the IMA system. So they didnt know why the light was on. So they did a software update. Ligh...
I bought this car in March. IMA and Check Engine light was on. Had diagnostic done at Honda asap. They said the only issue was the 12v. So I replaced it. Tech said there wasnt any communication found with the IMA system. So they didnt know why the light was on. So they did a software update. Lig...
2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Recalls
Honda is recalling 2003 Accord and Civic, and 2003–2004 Element models due to a defective interlock lever in the ignition switch. The lever may deform, which will defeat the interlock function on vehicles with an automatic transmission. This may cause a vehicle that has not been shifted into the "Park" position to roll away, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will remove the interlock pin and lever and replace them with new components, free of charge.
2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Reviews
168,000 miles averaging 49 mpg (mostly highway). Second set of tires about ready for replacement. Original plugs, brakes, etc.; only change the fluids regularly. Last summer replaced the a/c compressor which I run year round. Check engine and IMA lights come on when the temperature drops but go away when it warms up. Dealer can't figure it out! If/when the battery dies, I'll see how long ...
My 2003 Civic Hybrid is great. I get around 42 - 43 MPG. I drive quite fast and don't even try to get high miles on it. Most of my driving is on the highway. The car is great and at 130,000 miles the maintenance has been excellent except for 1 thing. The transmission died just after the warrenty expired. Honda covered 3/4 of the cost. Other than that the car has 0 rust and is in great ov...