1997 Honda Civic del Sol Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Honda Civic del Sol
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1997 Honda Civic del Sol Problems
Wind noise and/or squeaks and rattles may be noted from the removable roof, water leaks are also common. Our technicians tell us there is no real fix for these issues.
The front brake rotors can warp and cause a vibration when braking. The rotors will need to be machined or in cases where they are worn to thin, replaced to correct this issue.
Damaged engine mounts can lead to vibration and roughness felt in the steering wheel. A rattle in the dash and engine area may also be heard. Replacement of damaged mounts will commonly correct these issues.
1997 Honda Civic del Sol Questions
Live in Ohio. Automatic transmission. Shifts great when temp is above 40. Also not warming up interior after 30 minutes of highway driving. Fan does not work on positions 1 and 2. Is this a thermostat problem with malfunctioning fan blade?
VTEC works but it has to be rewired so how much would it cost percisely? i need to know as soon as possible please.
Need to find manual on complete tune up and repair.,
1997 Honda Civic del Sol Reviews
I have a 1997 Del Sol Si with 205,000. This is a great little car, with the warm weather it has been getting over 35 mpg's. There is a little bit of rust here and there but not that bad. 4th set of brake pads, 3rd muffler Not too bad in the snow with 4 snow tires on it.