1999 Honda Accord Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Honda Accord
- Transmission slips...Do I need a whole transmission or just the solenoid...If the whole transmission, how much should it cost for a rebuilt transmission
- Transmission slips..Should I replace the whole transmission or just the solenoid
- My 1999 Honda accord door locks intermittent work
- After replacing plugs, if the cylinders are not firing what else should I try?
- My car vibrates sometimes when I drive. Could it be a problem with the breaks?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1999 Honda Accord Problems
The front brake rotors can warp and cause a vibration when braking. The rotors will need to be machined or in cases where they are worn to thin, replaced to correct this issue.
Automatic transmission failures are common, Automatic transmission failure on these vehicles will generally require overhaul or replacement of the transmission. In the event of a failure, it may be worthwhile to check with Honda to see if they may offer assistance for this repair. As these vehicles age, Honda has become less likely to help out with these transmission related repairs.
Power door locks can activate intermittently due to a faulty door lock actuator in the driver's door.
1999 Honda Accord Questions
One of the break lines may have rusted. Would this account for the vibration? How much will it cost to repair?
1999 Honda Accord Recalls
Honda has recalled 1997-2001 Prelude, 1999-2002 Accord, and 1999-2000 Acura TL models because the ignition switch interlock may fail. If this happens, the key will be removable before the engine is in the "Park" position, which could cause the vehicle to roll and crash. Dealers will confirm interlock function and vehicles will receive an updated interlock lever free of charge.
Honda has recalled 1998-1999 Accord and Acura CL, and 1999 Odyssey and Acura TL vehicles because the ignition cylinder body may be worn, which can cause the shift interlock not to function properly. If the vehicle does not securely lock in "Park" due to a worn ignition cylinder, the vehicle may roll, which can cause a safety issue. Dealers will inspect the cylinder body for wear and replace the cylinder body, collar, and latch plate if necessary. If there are no signs of wear and all is operating as designed, dealers will replace the latch plate.
The electrical contacts in the ignition switch may be worn. This may cause the engine to stall while driving, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the ignition switch to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin by June 14, 2002.
1999 Honda Accord Reviews
I had bought my Accord EX-L with approx. 39K on it, second-hand in July 2002. I had kept it up with the periodic oil changes; replacing timing belt, rotors/spark-plug wires, starter (recently), brake pads/rotors, and tires as needed. It was given a K&N Filtercharger a few years ago and noticed quicker pick-ups. I also use XLP brand (concentrated) fuel systems cleaner for extra boost for the reg...
I purchased the 99 Accord w/ 80,000 and have owned the car for 6 years.It currently has 140K. The Brake lines are made of carbon steel and rusted through, I lost all the brake fluid while driving and narrowly avoided an horrific accident due to complete failure of the brakes. They were replaced with Stainless Steel. I am very surprised there is not a Honda recall on this. The A/C Compressor, Re...
I love my Accord, I'm the second owner and have put over 100k miles on it without incident. I had one issue at about 60k total miles with the engine computer however it was under warranty and was replaced free of charge. Otherwise I have had no real problems with it despite being rear-ended on the freeway a few years ago the car looks and drives like new with over 140k miles (from SF to LA to...