1998 Honda Accord Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Honda Accord
- If my car is jumping when I put it in gear ,also idles really high while drivin
- How do i fix my odometer that is fading in and out?
- How do i fix my odometer where the numbers fade in and out?
- I was wanting to know the price of a transmission replacement for 98 accord lx
- When I start my car it sounds like popcorn until it warms up
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1998 Honda Accord Problems
The front brake rotors can warp and cause a vibration when braking. The rotors will need to be machined or in cases where they are worn to thin, replaced to correct this issue.
Automatic transmission failures are common, Automatic transmission failure on these vehicles will generally require overhaul or replacement of the transmission. In the event of a failure, it may be worthwhile to check with Honda to see if they may offer assistance for this repair. As these vehicles age, Honda has become less likely to help out with these transmission related repairs.
Power door locks can activate intermittently due to a faulty door lock actuator in the driver's door.
1998 Honda Accord Questions
Motor jumps when BEIN put in gear also
Any trouble shooting I can try since I replaced the gasket seal, how hard is it to replace the rear main seal?
1998 Honda Accord Recalls
Honda has recalled 1998-1999 Accord and Acura CL, and 1999 Odyssey and Acura TL vehicles because the ignition cylinder body may be worn, which can cause the shift interlock not to function properly. If the vehicle does not securely lock in "Park" due to a worn ignition cylinder, the vehicle may roll, which can cause a safety issue. Dealers will inspect the cylinder body for wear and replace the cylinder body, collar, and latch plate if necessary. If there are no signs of wear and all is operating as designed, dealers will replace the latch plate.
The electrical contacts in the ignition switch may be worn. This may cause the engine to stall while driving, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the ignition switch to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin by June 14, 2002.
The ball joints in the front suspension may prematurely wear out. The ball joints could break in severe circumstances, which may cause an accident. Dealers will replace the front suspension lower ball joints. This recall is expected to begin by May 17, 1999.
1998 Honda Accord Reviews
I've driven about 100 cars and some I've driven for a while. Out of all of those cars none come close to how good this car is all around. I have maintained this car perfectly and it has never disappointed. The interior is still perfect and the engine runs great. great gas mileage and power. it is 98' Vtec 4 cylinder but it gets up and goes. this car is very easy to fix and not expensive compar...
Very reliable, I would buy another one next time.
Crashed on the freeway, man-- this car saved my life. Nothing all too bad to the car, fixable. But, cost-let's not discuss onto that. Overall always great with me. I will ONLY love this Honda.