1997 Honda Accord Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Honda Accord
- How much does it cost to have your front wheel bearings replaced? Also, I was wanting to drive the car to my home town in North Carolina, do you think the car would make it on a 16 hour trip?
- have a 97 honda accord 97 coupe how can you tell when the hub bearing is bad
- My left front turn signal is not working back is working changed the bulb nothin
- yes was wondering about maybe if i had bad wiring or------
- Transmission.Automatic slipping 1-2gear barley gets going slow&wen it finally shifts it drives fine 35-65
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1997 Honda Accord Problems
The front brake rotors can warp and cause a vibration when braking. The rotors will need to be machined or in cases where they are worn to thin, replaced to correct this issue.
Automatic transmission failures are common, Automatic transmission failure on these vehicles will generally require overhaul or replacement of the transmission. In the event of a failure, it may be worthwhile to check with Honda to see if they may offer assistance for this repair. As these vehicles age, Honda has become less likely to help out with these transmission related repairs.
Power door locks can activate intermittently due to a faulty door lock actuator in the driver's door.
1997 Honda Accord Questions
The car has 260,000 miles on it and recently had it's brake pads replaced.
I have a noise in the drive tran sometime like a klunking sound
1997 Honda Accord Recalls
The electrical contacts in the ignition switch may be worn. This may cause the engine to stall while driving, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the ignition switch to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin by June 14, 2002.
Honda is recalling certain passenger vehicles because the accelerator pedal may feel rough or notchy when depressed, causing the vehicle not to respond properly when traveling at low speeds. Dealers will replace the throttle cable.
The ball joints in the front suspension may prematurely wear out. The ball joints could break in severe circumstances, which may cause an accident. Dealers will replace the front suspension lower ball joints. This recall is expected to begin by May 17, 1999.
1997 Honda Accord Reviews
Owned my 97 Honda Accord since 2001. Drove it cross country from LA to Philadelphia without a hitch. Been driving it ever since. I've had several problems the last few years with electrics - the driver side window stopped working for a while, once it was fixed, the back passenger side window went dead. Also, the radio has gone funny, and only plays AM dependably, to get FM stations to work, ...
I recently purchased a 97 accord ex wagon. i love this car! best honda Ive ever owned. the ride is smooth, excellent on gas, looks real good, just a joy to drive. the only things i don't like is that some of the interior parts aren't very strong. other then that, the car is great. the engine has some power when i need it. i would recommend this car to anyone.
good and powerful car