1992 Honda Accord Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Honda Accord
- how to take off the driver side door on a 1992 Honda accord
- what has gone wrong with my windshield wipers?
- Pops out of fifth gear when I'm driving have to hold it in so it doesn't when I'
- How do I fix rpm meter stick problem and gas pedal getting stuck?
- how much labor time is labor guide saying to replace a half shaft pass side fron
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1992 Honda Accord Problems
The front brake rotors can warp and cause a vibration when braking. The rotors will need to be machined or in cases where they are worn to thin, replaced to correct this issue.
Automatic transmission failures are common, Automatic transmission failure on these vehicles will generally require overhaul or replacement of the transmission. In the event of a failure, it may be worthwhile to check with Honda to see if they may offer assistance for this repair. As these vehicles age, Honda has become less likely to help out with these transmission related repairs.
Power door locks can activate intermittently due to a faulty door lock actuator in the driver's door.
1992 Honda Accord Questions
what to remove the door
I have a honda accord 1992 model. The windshield wipers went out on me. When I turn them on; they make a sound like they are trying to work, but they dont move so I was wondering if the motor is bad or is it something else.
Pop out in fifth gear
1992 Honda Accord Recalls
Honda is recalling the seat belts on 1991 Accord models because the rear outside seating position safety belts may lock up at angles that do not meet federal safety standards. This may increase the risk of injury in the event of a sudden stop or crash. Honda will replace the sensor in the rear seat belt retractor.
Honda is recalling 1992 Accords because some left seat belt assemblies were installed on the right side of the car; the assemblies are not interchangeable. The seat belts are unusable, increasing the risk of injury to occupants. Honda installed the correct seat belt assemblies at the factory.
1992 Honda Accord Reviews
I love my 1992 Honda. I'll never get rid of it until it dies on me.
I own a 1992 Accord LX (with 288000 miles on it)and a 2000 Accord EX V6. My 1992 is the most dependable and fun car in my driveway. I have owned this car over 5 years and have not had one mechanical issue to report out of routine maintainance. I only hope the 2000 has the longevity of this one.
Comfy and Dependable! Bought it in '94 from my in-laws. Original paint didn't last very long, repainted it twice at local paint shop for less than $500 (those jobs last ~8 years). Over the years had most common problems: AT computer died $200, camshaft seal oil leak $450, A/C condenser cracked $400, radiator cracked $250, ignition switch quit $100, "igniter" $75, CV joints $250, plus a few o...