1991 Honda Accord Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Honda Accord
- Where is my fuel filter and how do I get to it. Its a 3.0 6 cylinder LX
- passenger front brakes grind while stopping and driving. what do i do?
- My 91 honda accord will start but dies right after we can't keep it running?
- door locks unlock whenever the car hits a bump on the road. have had car since new, this just started happening last week. any advice or suggestions?
- Replaced auto trans does the same as other. shifts hard
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1991 Honda Accord Problems
The front brake rotors can warp and cause a vibration when braking. The rotors will need to be machined or in cases where they are worn to thin, replaced to correct this issue.
Power door locks can activate intermittently due to a faulty door lock actuator in the driver's door.
Damaged engine mounts can lead to vibration and roughness felt in the steering wheel. A rattle in the dash and engine area may also be heard. Replacement of damaged mounts will commonly correct these issues.
1991 Honda Accord Questions
We just replaced the alternator
above 750 rpms loud noise in reverce. got used and the first owner replaced it and did same so this is third one.
At 700 and below no noise but shifts hard.The noise coming fro trans. crunch banging noise.
1991 Honda Accord Recalls
Honda is recalling the seat belts on 1991 Accord models because the rear outside seating position safety belts may lock up at angles that do not meet federal safety standards. This may increase the risk of injury in the event of a sudden stop or crash. Honda will replace the sensor in the rear seat belt retractor.
Honda is recalling 1991 Accord LX 2Dr Coupes because a washer in the cargo area light may not have been properly attached. This may cause a short circuit if the light switch is in the middle position and the tailgate is open. A short circuit in the light may cause the switch to overheat, which could result in a cargo compartment fire. Dealers will remove the washers and replace damaged light assemblies.
1991 Honda Accord Reviews
I HAVE A 91 MY DAD GAVE ME, ALL IN ALL I RATE THIS LITTLE CAR WITH 4 - 5 STARS, OUT RAN MY 4CYND MUSTANG BY FAR. YOU TAKE CARE OF IT AND IT WILL GET YOU THERE AND BACK, PASSING NEW CAR AT TIMES ON FREEWAY.
I purchase this S/W 4 years ago for $600.00 after replacing the alternator, timing belt and rack and pinion, I have nothing else to this car except for maintenance. Living in Vermont a lot of snow and mountain and this car is a tank, never left stranded or stuck in snow. If I could replace the body with one that don't have rust or last longer I would keep it for ever. Have 240,000 miles and out...
91 wagon. I love it. One of the most reliable vehicles I had. 300k miles and I take it every where. Replaced distributor in past year. Parts are plentiful if the problem arises. Super easy to maintain as well. Everything works.