2004 GMC Yukon Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 GMC Yukon
- I replaced my fuel pump 3 times and my fuel gauge isn't working now, HELP
- We have replaced the A/C compressor 3 times in the last 3 months.
- My radio unit in my vehicle goes in and out on radio, cd, and dvd.
- I had my transmission fluids flush but still wouldn't change gears
- I have a 2004 Yukon doesn't want to shift gears while I'm driving.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 GMC Yukon Problems
A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. This can result in an engine overheating condition. A leaking water pump will require replacement.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
The daytime running lights are prone to burning out. Our technicians tell us that the light sockets may show signs of heat damage but usually are OK. Always be sure to use the correct replacement bulb for the best life expectancy. The new bulb recommendation for 2000-2003 models is #4114K (trade number).
2004 GMC Yukon Questions
We have replaced the compressor 3 times and the clutch n pulley keep breaking??? I have a certified mechanic working on it and he is baffled. Help!!! we have blown out all the lines and such and it last a week or so then shells out.
When I drive my truck the gears starts off shifting to 1 rpm then 2nd but when it gets into 3rd gear it doesn't shift back down to 2nd gear it stays in 3rd gear wouldn't go over 30 miles per hour.
When I'm driving the truck the shifting starts off at 1 rpm then shift to 2 rpm after it shifts to 3 rpm it doesn't want to shifs back down it gets stuck it wouldn't go over 30 miles per hour.
2004 GMC Yukon Recalls
The second row center seat belt routing may make it difficult to position correctly on smaller passengers. If the seat belt rides up to fit around the abdomen, the risk of internal injury is increased in a crash. Dealers will cut the guide loop, remove a portion of the loop, and the remaining sides should be folded over and secured with a retainer. The recall began July 21, 2005. The GM recall number is 05037.
The hydro-boost housing relief valve bore may be out of specification. The seal may fracture as a result, which may reduce braking assist and slightly increase the steering effort while braking. Under certain conditions, more braking effort will be required to stop the vehicle. Dealers will replace the hydro-boost relief valve. The recall began June 18, 2004. The GM recall number is 04004.