2004 GMC Yukon Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 GMC Yukon
- Has charging problem.New ALT.Battery light comes on(V gauge shows14.7V)Power at brown wire at ALT connector 10v.Has a Grey and Blue wire at ALT connector? What are they for? Vehicle won't idle. (4.8L engine,2WD)
- 2004 gmc yukon 5.3L When i drive truck for about 20 minutes and park it i have a
- Where is the location for the fuel filter?
- I replaced the key switch now my Yukon will start and die I need to know how to reset the anyi thief system
- I put a new key switch in my 04 Yukon now it starts and dyes how do I reset the
2004 GMC Yukon Problems
A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. This can result in an engine overheating condition. A leaking water pump will require replacement.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
The speedometer or other instrument panel gauge may begin to work erratically at times. Our technicians tell us that the instrument cluster must be sent to a repair facility to correct this fault. The warranty has been extended on some of these units to 7 years or 70,000 miles.
2004 GMC Yukon Questions
raw fuel smell coming from driver's side rear whell well area. No signs of wet fuel no trouble codes.
Please dont tell me its in the tank
2004 GMC Yukon Recalls
The second row center seat belt routing may make it difficult to position correctly on smaller passengers. If the seat belt rides up to fit around the abdomen, the risk of internal injury is increased in a crash. Dealers will cut the guide loop, remove a portion of the loop, and the remaining sides should be folded over and secured with a retainer. The recall began July 21, 2005. The GM recall number is 05037.
The hydro-boost housing relief valve bore may be out of specification. The seal may fracture as a result, which may reduce braking assist and slightly increase the steering effort while braking. Under certain conditions, more braking effort will be required to stop the vehicle. Dealers will replace the hydro-boost relief valve. The recall began June 18, 2004. The GM recall number is 04004.