1999 GMC Yukon Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 GMC Yukon
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1999 GMC Yukon Problems
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
1999 GMC Yukon Questions
I have gone about 240 miles and it is reading between 1/2 and 3/4 tank I know that's not correct. Then sometimes it will start to work. What would cause this?
3 weeks ago I turned my AC on, it blew for about 3 mins and stopped. No blower at all, nothing. I stopped at my destination and when I started the truck again, all was normal again. Now two days ago the same thing happened except it will not come on again. Gauges are fine, fuse is good (replaced)...
A week ago car showed code P0171. Shop cleaned throttle body, found no vacuum leaks, and cleared code. One week later engine light came on, code was P0741. Shop diagnosed as the torque converter solenoid was stuck in the "on" position, so needs replacing requiring opening up trans to ac...
1999 GMC Yukon Recalls
1999 GMC Yukon Reviews
I've had my 1999 4WD SLT Yukon since it was new from the dealer. I've had some issues over the 12 years. Replaced the air conditioning, fuel pump, water pump, power steering fluid hose, water intake manifold hose, breaks twice, serpentine belt twice. It's got 152,000 miles on it. I consider these fixes fairly normal. I would buy the same truck again.
I've just been told that I need a new transmission. My yukon only has 101,000 miles on it and has been well maintained. Any suggestions of what could be causing hesitation when going 50+ MPH instead of a new transmission? What should the cost be for a transmission?