1998 GMC Yukon Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 GMC Yukon
- my Yukon went from 2wd to 4wd now its stuck in 4 and wont release back to 2wd
- the sunroof stopped working and is open about an inch. any way to get it closed
- Every time the key is turned on, the Fuel pump,pvc/cvm fuse blow. Why?
- how do i go about checking the ac. coils for leaks
- how much 134a does my 1998 GMC YUKON hold for a re charge
1998 GMC Yukon Problems
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
1998 GMC Yukon Questions
Before I bought it a month ago, it had sat for 3yrs. I need to be sure it's the Fuel pump before I spend my money. Coil and distributor are good. No loose plugs or anything.
Truck make popping sound when turning left or hitting bump in road,sound come from under truck around the rear tire area.
While having a front tire replaced, I was told I needed ball joint replaced, since they had only seen the one tire, I did not ask about others.
What is meant by "set" and " upper & lower" and does this apply to all four tires?
I am female and don't want to appear as ...
1998 GMC Yukon Recalls
1998 GMC Yukon Reviews
I really like my Yukon, it has a lot of power, great body and makes me feel secure. I just got my 1998 Yukon SLT (5.7L) last month, I had the dealership replace items prior to my purcahse. However I have had to take it back up there twice now to have those same items fixed again (not the Yukons fault). I have also had to replace/fix other things on it (injectors, oxygen sensors, pitman arm, ...