1998 GMC Yukon Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 GMC Yukon
- How do you find and fix a short in the turn signal, brakes & backup lights?
- My ignigtion wont tyrn off. Whats the fix? Can I replace the ignition without
- replaced a steering column now pass lock system prevents start. Need help
- 2004 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3liter vortex makes tapping sound under hood. When starte
- my Yukon went from 2wd to 4wd now its stuck in 4 and wont release back to 2wd
1998 GMC Yukon Problems
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
1998 GMC Yukon Questions
After an attempted theft of our 98 GMC Yukon we had to replace the whole steering column. Now because of the pass lock system the security light stays on and shuts off the ignition after a couple of seconds. Will replacing the ignition fix the problem?
Noise Slows down at stops. Had the oil changed and water pump replaced. Then this tapping started. Taken to many different places no one knows.Any
suggestion? They have check transmission,fly wheel,and harmonic balancer. We are new to this area and don't know a good mechanic. But after tr...
Before I bought it a month ago, it had sat for 3yrs. I need to be sure it's the Fuel pump before I spend my money. Coil and distributor are good. No loose plugs or anything.
1998 GMC Yukon Recalls
1998 GMC Yukon Reviews
I really like my Yukon, it has a lot of power, great body and makes me feel secure. I just got my 1998 Yukon SLT (5.7L) last month, I had the dealership replace items prior to my purcahse. However I have had to take it back up there twice now to have those same items fixed again (not the Yukons fault). I have also had to replace/fix other things on it (injectors, oxygen sensors, pitman arm, ...