2006 GMC Yukon XL Denali Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 GMC Yukon XL Denali
- I was driving when i seen a message come up " Engine Coolant Hot"
- will gmc pay to repaint my Yukon, the clear coat is disintergrating?
- Will GM help with severe paint loss/delamination on all flat surfaces?
- my denali makes a noise when driven long distances
- Can I service the ride control compressor myself? Where is access?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2006 GMC Yukon XL Denali Problems
One or more heater & AC (HVAC) temperature and/or air delivery mode door actuator may fail, resulting in improper temperature or air delivery. If this occurs, fault code(s) should be stored in the HVAC control module which should assist in diagnoses.
The rear window defogger may stop working due to a wire terminal broken off of the rear glass. Our technicians tell us that terminal can be reattached using a special glue or silver solder.
The steering wheel position sensor may fail, resulting in the service stability message being displayed.
2006 GMC Yukon XL Denali Questions
The Temp gauge was rising. At that time I had the air conditioner on. I immediately pulled over turned off engine. after 2 minutes started it right back up. temp started to rise again. I turned off the air conditioner and the Gauge level began to lower from hot to normal.
Truck still looks good except hood (where clear coat is bad)
My silver Denali is showing severe paint thinning, delamination, loss all the way down to the primer...all flat surfaces...roof and hood. Is there any history for this and will GM help?
2006 GMC Yukon XL Denali Recalls
The retainer clip for the fuel rail pulse damper may fracture and allow the damper to come loose from the fuel rail. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire. Dealers will replace the engine fuel rail pulse damper free of charge. The recall began August 31, 2006. The GM recall number is 06080.
The tire and loading information label on the driver's side door frame may be inaccurate. A misprinted label could lead to overloading of the vehicle, which could possibly lead to tire failure and a crash. Owners will be provided with corrected labels and installation instructions. At customers' request, a dealer can install the label for them. The recall began March 31, 2006. The GM recall number is 05109.