2006 GMC Yukon XL 2500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 GMC Yukon XL 2500
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2006 GMC Yukon XL 2500 Problems
A clicking noise may be noted from the turn signal flasher after the turn signals are switched off. This is commonly cause by a faulty turn signal switch which will require replacement.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
Units with 4 wheel disk brakes may develop at situation where the park brake does not hold as it should. Our technicians tell us this can be caused by worn park brake shoes located inside the drum section of the rear brake disks. The worn shoes should be replaced and properly adjusted to correct this issue.
2006 GMC Yukon XL 2500 Questions
Radio antenna broke off at base. I purchased a new base with cable and antenna and I'm looking for instructions on how to replace the cable.
2006 GMC Yukon XL 2500 Recalls
The retainer clip for the fuel rail pulse damper may fracture and allow the damper to come loose from the fuel rail. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire. Dealers will replace the engine fuel rail pulse damper free of charge. The recall began August 31, 2006. The GM recall number is 06080.
The tire and loading information label on the driver's side door frame may be inaccurate. A misprinted label could lead to overloading of the vehicle, which could possibly lead to tire failure and a crash. Owners will be provided with corrected labels and installation instructions. At customers' request, a dealer can install the label for them. The recall began March 31, 2006. The GM recall number is 05109.