2004 GMC Yukon XL 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 GMC Yukon XL 1500
- What is it when the A/C blows cold air on driv. side, hot on passenger side
- Check engine light every 6 months for loose gas cap, new caps don't work?
- how to take out straining filter on gas tank
- what could cause light to dimm when runing vehicle using my power windows
- Dash lights for traction control,abs,and em brake on, says "service stability"?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 GMC Yukon XL 1500 Problems
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
The speedometer or other instrument panel gauge may begin to work erratically at times. Our technicians tell us that the instrument cluster must be sent to a repair facility to correct this fault. The warranty has been extended on some of these units to 7 years or 70,000 miles.
The daytime running lights are prone to burning out. Our technicians tell us that the light sockets may show signs of heat damage but usually are OK. Always be sure to use the correct replacement bulb for the best life expectancy. The new bulb recommendation for 2000-2003 models is #4114K (trade number).
2004 GMC Yukon XL 1500 Questions
When you turn on the A/C, the driver's side get cold air and the passenger side blows out hot air like the heat is on.
Gas tank is pressurized when refueling. Have replaced gas caps with auto store and oem. Replaced fuel tank air filter. Nothing works so far.
it has a hole in it got the lines off and dropped the tank
2004 GMC Yukon XL 1500 Recalls
The retainer clip for the fuel rail pulse damper may fracture and allow the damper to come loose from the fuel rail. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire. Dealers will replace the engine fuel rail pulse damper free of charge. The recall began August 31, 2006. The GM recall number is 06080.
On vehicles equipped with the Bosch hydraulic brake booster, the boost pressure accumulator may crack and break away from the hydro-boost assembly during normal operation. If this were to happen while the hood is open, fragments from the accumulator could injure people standing in the immediate area. The loss of fluid while driving would cause increased steering and braking effort and a crash could occur without warning. Dealers will test the hydro-boost assembly for function of the two-function valve. If the hydro-boost assembly fails the test, it will be replaced free of charge. The recall began March 23, 2005. The GM recall number is 05006.
The hydro-boost housing relief valve bore may be out of specification. The seal may fracture as a result, which may reduce braking assist and slightly increase the steering effort while braking. Under certain conditions, more braking effort will be required to stop the vehicle. Dealers will replace the hydro-boost relief valve. The recall began June 18, 2004. The GM recall number is 04004.
2004 GMC Yukon XL 1500 Reviews
This is a quality SUV for out of the city living. We work on many of these, and all of our customers love them. brakes can get quite expensive for repairs but should be expected with this size of vehicle.. Great for towing..(I use to tow my trailer) and comfortable for hauling many passengers. I give this SUV a 4/5 because of the cost of repairs.
this vehicle is very reliable and plush as well! The only con is the transmission for it needs to be maintained more than other vehicles. Bottom line, I would still recommend this vehicle to anyone!