2002 GMC Yukon XL 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 GMC Yukon XL 1500
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2002 GMC Yukon XL 1500 Problems
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
The muffler heat shield may become loose on the muffler causing a rattle or popping noise. Our technicians tell us there is a kit available from GM to correct this problem.
The daytime running lights are prone to burning out. Our technicians tell us that the light sockets may show signs of heat damage but usually are OK. Always be sure to use the correct replacement bulb for the best life expectancy. The new bulb recommendation for 2000-2003 models is #4114K (trade number).
2002 GMC Yukon XL 1500 Questions
I was told that I need a new door lock actuator
i got in it turned key and it sounded like battery was low it clicked...then when i turned key to stop it i got out to open hood n tried to turn key again and key would not turn and i was jump starting it and security lite came on n key would not turn?
YES TO ADD TO MY QUESTION, IT ONLY MAKES THAT NOISE WHEN I ACCELERATE
2002 GMC Yukon XL 1500 Recalls
2002 GMC Yukon XL 1500 Reviews
I have replaced my alternator, water pump and fuel pump and have had numerous issues with brakes and misalignment and the interior lights have gone out on the radio and door switches for the window. Maintence has been a expensive proposition I would buy something more reliable next time, but I love the size and power, but you pay a huge cost.