2002 GMC Yukon XL 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 GMC Yukon XL 1500
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2002 GMC Yukon XL 1500 Problems
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
The muffler heat shield may become loose on the muffler causing a rattle or popping noise. Our technicians tell us there is a kit available from GM to correct this problem.
The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft. Our technicians tell us that you should check with you local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.
2002 GMC Yukon XL 1500 Questions
I was told that I need a new door lock actuator
i got in it turned key and it sounded like battery was low it clicked...then when i turned key to stop it i got out to open hood n tried to turn key again and key would not turn and i was jump starting it and security lite came on n key would not turn?
2002 GMC Yukon XL 1500 Recalls
2002 GMC Yukon XL 1500 Reviews
I have replaced my alternator, water pump and fuel pump and have had numerous issues with brakes and misalignment and the interior lights have gone out on the radio and door switches for the window. Maintence has been a expensive proposition I would buy something more reliable next time, but I love the size and power, but you pay a huge cost.