2002 GMC Yukon XL 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 GMC Yukon XL 1500
- The front dash vent blower dose not work the defrost and feet setting do work ho
- Ok. Replaced the clutch in my AC. I have front and rear controls. My fan was working when the clutch went out but now the clutch has been replaced the fan for the rear AC works but no fan for the front. What can cause the fan not work in the front?
- Can I replace the AC compressor clutch without dismounting compressor?
- I just replaced my transmission and now it won't crank over.
- Battery light flickers and gauge shows discharge then light goes off and charged
2002 GMC Yukon XL 1500 Problems
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
The daytime running lights are prone to burning out. Our technicians tell us that the light sockets may show signs of heat damage but usually are OK. Always be sure to use the correct replacement bulb for the best life expectancy. The new bulb recommendation for 2000-2003 models is #4114K (trade number).
The muffler heat shield may become loose on the muffler causing a rattle or popping noise. Our technicians tell us there is a kit available from GM to correct this problem.
2002 GMC Yukon XL 1500 Questions
My clutch is bad in my AC compressor. I want to replace clutch myself. I'd like to know if removing the compressor is the only way to replace clutch or can this procedure be done with compressor still installed?
I've replaced the neutral safety switch, and the starter. If I jump the solenoid it will crank but with the key in the run position it won't start and run. I have 12 volts at the crank fuse in the crank position. Would bad connection at the neutral safety switch because of the glue in ...
2002 GMC Yukon XL 1500 Recalls
2002 GMC Yukon XL 1500 Reviews
I have replaced my alternator, water pump and fuel pump and have had numerous issues with brakes and misalignment and the interior lights have gone out on the radio and door switches for the window. Maintence has been a expensive proposition I would buy something more reliable next time, but I love the size and power, but you pay a huge cost.