1997 GMC Suburban 2500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 GMC Suburban 2500
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1997 GMC Suburban 2500 Problems
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
1997 GMC Suburban 2500 Questions
I would like to know what the normal running temperature is for this engine because I just bought this suburban from a unscrupulous private owner anyhow, it runs at 220 degrees and I'm sure this is too hot. There is no visible leak for the water just I'm thinking this is either a head gas...
Changed fuel filter little better mechanic says problem is pump should i change it, no check engine lights either
vehicle will not start. have plenty of fuel pressure. removed injection pump and had tested. report came back stating fuel pump was fine, they recailbrated it also. install injection pump and still have plenty of fuel psi to pump but no fuel pumps out to cylinders. vehicle when running use ...