1996 GMC Suburban 2500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 GMC Suburban 2500
- What would cause a crank over but no start after tune up....
- What make an engine run hot in only one cylinder?
- engine cranks and cranks before starting,but when starts runs great
- How do I replace the ignition switch on a gmc 1996 suburban 2500
- A mysterious coolant leak not directly under the expansion tank. What is it?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 GMC Suburban 2500 Problems
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
1996 GMC Suburban 2500 Questions
misfire code p-1345
cranks so much worried about heating up starter and ruining it. what all should I check on engine and or truck only has 89,000 miles on it, but cant get it to start now, just cranks
It seems I have a coolant leak(only when the engine is running) which seems to be coming from a water line junction or distribution piece that looks maybe to be plastic. It is under the resevoir tank/ air cleaner inlet, down about a foot or so. It has a hose(maybe 2) coming into it from the radia...
1996 GMC Suburban 2500 Recalls
1996 GMC Suburban 2500 Reviews
I have a 1996 2500 454 with 192,000 on it. The biggest issue I have had is the front brake pads last about 30k tops. I do alot of towing, so some of the wear is to be expected. The only other issue I had was the distrbutor gear wearing out at 140k miles. The gas mileage on the HWY without towing is actually better than it was with my 5.7L 1500.
We bought a 96 Suburban used and the only issue we have had was some sort of module in the transmission had a bad ground wire. A fairly inexpensive repair kit solved the issue and the transmission is working fine now. The interior is nice and roomy and very comfortable to ride in on long trips. The sound system freaks out from time to time and requires us to pull the main fuse and let the syste...