1991 GMC Suburban 2500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 GMC Suburban 2500
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1991 GMC Suburban 2500 Problems
The pitman arm and/or lower ball joints may wear causing loose steering and alignment issues. Replacement of worn components will be necessary before the alignment can be properly set to specification.
A coolant leak may develop form the Intake manifold gasket causing overheating complaints. The coolant leak may be internal allowing coolant to mix with the engine oil, this condition can result in internal engine damage. Be aware that this problem is often mistaken as a blown head gasket.
The rear axle bearings have been known to wear grooves in the rear axle shafts, creating a grinding noise and leaky axle seals. An indication that this problem has occurred is axle fluid leaking onto the wheel.
1991 GMC Suburban 2500 Questions
transmission shifts through first, second & into third then stays in third. i am wondering if this could be related to towing. i have owned this vehicle for 170,000 out of it's 230,000 miles & only just recently towed a 2500 lb trailer of firewood. now suddenly i have a blown head ga...
air bubbles back through coolant resevoir constantly pushing coolant into the reservoir & not allowing it back into cooling system thus causing "low coolant" light to come on.this happened after an overheating episode when i noticed my temp go up to about 210 briefly. i immediately ...
i have can you tell if its your brake boost thats gone bad or your master cylinder