1990 GMC Suburban 2500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 GMC Suburban 2500
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1990 GMC Suburban 2500 Problems
The rear axle bearings have been known to wear grooves in the rear axle shafts, creating a grinding noise and leaky axle seals. An indication that this problem has occurred is axle fluid leaking onto the wheel.
The pitman arm and/or lower ball joints may wear causing loose steering and alignment issues. Replacement of worn components will be necessary before the alignment can be properly set to specification.
A coolant leak may develop form the Intake manifold gasket causing overheating complaints. The coolant leak may be internal allowing coolant to mix with the engine oil, this condition can result in internal engine damage. Be aware that this problem is often mistaken as a blown head gasket.
1990 GMC Suburban 2500 Questions
My 1990 GMC suburban just quit while driving it. It lost electrical power and the only thing that works is the head lights. Is there a fuse or fuse link some where that has blown.
Rough idle under no load, and roughacceleration.