1999 GMC Suburban 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 GMC Suburban 1500
- AC Accumulator -removal of brass fitting from evaporator
- I have a 1999 gmc suburban blowing cold A/C on front but on the back is warm
- whats the firing order on the 99' suburban 1500 5.7L V8? what cylinders are 1-8?
- engine turn over but won't start
- several error codes p0154, p0155, p0304,p1345 and p1153 what do i do?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1999 GMC Suburban 1500 Problems
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
1999 GMC Suburban 1500 Questions
Is it the torque converter?
I changed these brakes in July. Its March and the drivers side is more worn than the passenger side. What's wrong with the brake line not releasing on the drivers side?
The passenger side brake caliper and line has been replaced. And after 8 months of driving, it all of a sudden locks up on the drivers side. I have fairly new brakes on the truck and hard time bleeding the drivers side, would that have anything to do with it?
1999 GMC Suburban 1500 Recalls
1999 GMC Suburban 1500 Reviews
typical gm quality, the doorhandles break, heater work when it wants to and has no safety features for children other than front control door locks. front end goes out and breaks dont hold up. the motor on other hand has 160,000 and runs like new. be nice to get out of a big rig without rolling window down in winter.
Basically a safe vehicle but typical GM poor quality; door handle fell off, plastic interior parts broke easily, A/C compressor went out at 52,000 mi., door light spring switch fell off, right turn signal doesn't cancel, daytime running lamps no longer operational AND most importantly the BRAKE SYSTEM ANTILOCK SENSOR IS MALFUNCTIONING. Next time, go to Honda or Toyota
I haven't had any problems with the truck as a second vehicle I had over 190,000 miles on it when I got it. It fits the old family and it keeps them quiet with the tv and sound system in the back.