1999 GMC Suburban 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 GMC Suburban 1500
- I have 1999 gmc suburban it wont stay started because of passlock system
- how would i tell witch wheel sensor is causing my abs to actavat when slowing
- On my 1999 GMC Sub,1500,4wd. I get erratic speedometer and tachometer readings.
- brakes do not atop when light pressure is used on brake pedal at low speed
- Will a problem with the transfer case cause my tires to drag??
1999 GMC Suburban 1500 Problems
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
1999 GMC Suburban 1500 Questions
Occurs while car in motion. What is this a symptom of more serious problem. Is it safe to drive. Is it likely to quit all together?
Is it the torque converter?
1999 GMC Suburban 1500 Recalls
1999 GMC Suburban 1500 Reviews
typical gm quality, the doorhandles break, heater work when it wants to and has no safety features for children other than front control door locks. front end goes out and breaks dont hold up. the motor on other hand has 160,000 and runs like new. be nice to get out of a big rig without rolling window down in winter.
Basically a safe vehicle but typical GM poor quality; door handle fell off, plastic interior parts broke easily, A/C compressor went out at 52,000 mi., door light spring switch fell off, right turn signal doesn't cancel, daytime running lamps no longer operational AND most importantly the BRAKE SYSTEM ANTILOCK SENSOR IS MALFUNCTIONING. Next time, go to Honda or Toyota
I haven't had any problems with the truck as a second vehicle I had over 190,000 miles on it when I got it. It fits the old family and it keeps them quiet with the tv and sound system in the back.