1998 GMC Suburban 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 GMC Suburban 1500
- How do I bypass the security light on a 1998 GMC suburban and show diagram.
- Aftercare for head gasket replacement
- when you take the fuel pump out does the pump come out of the housing its in??
- How do I troubleshoot inoperative door locks?
- my 1998 gmc suburban's automatic door locks just stopped working.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1998 GMC Suburban 1500 Problems
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
1998 GMC Suburban 1500 Questions
I will be having a head gasket replaced on my vehicle. The vehicle will have been sitting a while before the mechanic I've selected can get to it. So, I have two questions-what can I do to "refresh" the gas (the tank presently holds @39 gallons, since I had tanked up before I drov...
dont know weather to buy whole pump and assembly or jus pump.... pump alone cheaper...
The automatic door locks just quit working, without warning, on all four doors.
1998 GMC Suburban 1500 Recalls
1998 GMC Suburban 1500 Reviews
Little over 116,000 miles. Bought used with 98,000 miles. Had to replace head gasket (I put the wrong anti-freeze in - oops). Has been running great. No major problems other basic maintenance stuff. 2nd Suburban I've owned. Last one was a 1996, bought it with 120,000 traded it in at 225,000 (transfer case started going and ran it for over a year without a front drive shaft). Was a great vehicle...