1997 GMC Suburban 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 GMC Suburban 1500
- the gear selector stopped showing and the RPM and speed meter all stopped workin
- How to correct the trouble code : Shift solenoid B circuit electrical
- Eng coolant temp guage reads 250 after replacing water pump,t-stat,temp sensor
- Why are my daytime running lights staying on even when the engine is off keys ou
- Where is the P/N 15025394 electronic transfer case shift module located?
1997 GMC Suburban 1500 Problems
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The power door lock actuators may become slow to operate or stop working completely and require replacement.
1997 GMC Suburban 1500 Questions
When these stopped working the transmission stopped down shifting. I can manual shift but it takes off in second gear. This happed once before and I only had to restart the truck to fix the problem. But that doesn't work this time. I have been told trans speed sensor or engine module may be...
I have replaced both shift solenoid's,the code keeps returning
i tested both solenoids for continuity , they are within the specific range. the code is erratic, sometimes it goes off continuously and other times it doesn't go off at all. PO758
1997 GMC Suburban 1500 Recalls
1997 GMC Suburban 1500 Reviews
i've had my 97 suburban for 13 yrs still going strong with 383,657 mi but i bought a new drivetrain so it can take me another 400,00