2002 GMC Sierra Denali Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 GMC Sierra Denali
- can I replace the pricy electric shocks with regulare shocks
- 02 Sierra Denali lost power then died while driving @ highway speed.
- My "4 wheel steer" message lights came on when I was on the freeway. The rpm wou
- Where is a good place I can get an estimate for Quadrasteer issues?
- rear wheel steer quit working
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2002 GMC Sierra Denali Problems
The daytime running lights are prone to burning out. Our technicians tell us that the light sockets may show signs of heat damage but usually are OK. Always be sure to use the correct replacement bulb for the best life expectancy. The new bulb recommendation for 2000-2003 models is #4114K (trade number).
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
Units with 4 wheel disk brakes may develop at situation where the park brake does not hold as it should. Our technicians tell us this can be caused by worn park brake shoes located inside the drum section of the rear brake disks. The worn shoes should be replaced and properly adjusted to correct this issue.
2002 GMC Sierra Denali Questions
Has Gas, When attempting to restart the engine stumbles for a second or two then dies again. Acts like no fuel but there is fuel. Never has done this before.
Wouldnt climb past 2000 rpm. I gave it some gas but still wouldnt past the 2000 mark. The truck hasonly 123000 miles on it. Is it my tranny thats going out or a bad sensor? Or is it that it has 305/40/22 wheels?
my rear wheel steer service light stays on and when it turns on my truck won't engage rear wheel steering. What do I check?
2002 GMC Sierra Denali Recalls
2002 GMC Sierra Denali Reviews
I've had my 2002 Sierra Denali for 3 years and the truck has served me well. The 6.0 V8 will run forever as long as you maintain is regularly. I did buy an extended warranty on my truck that came in handy. The rear dif was making noise, but the warranty covered a full tear down of the dif and quadrasteer and rebuild with new factory parts, done at a quality GM dealership. The front wheel bearin...
Mine has been a great truck! Love the quad steer, The brakes are quite weak.
rear steer is crap ,, when it goes bad ,it goes real bad vary expencibe to fix and no one kniows how to fix them