2003 GMC Sierra 3500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 GMC Sierra 3500
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2003 GMC Sierra 3500 Problems
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
Units with 4 wheel disk brakes may develop at situation where the park brake does not hold as it should. Our technicians tell us this can be caused by worn park brake shoes located inside the drum section of the rear brake disks. The worn shoes should be replaced and properly adjusted to correct this issue.
The daytime running lights are prone to burning out. Our technicians tell us that the light sockets may show signs of heat damage but usually are OK. Always be sure to use the correct replacement bulb for the best life expectancy. The new bulb recommendation for 2001-2003 models is #4114K (trade number).
2003 GMC Sierra 3500 Questions
How do I remove the starter?
changed motor oil and filter changed feul filter engine still smokes
2003 GMC Sierra 3500 Recalls
The second row center seat belt routing may make it difficult to position correctly on smaller passengers. If the seat belt rides up to fit around the abdomen, the risk of internal injury is increased in a crash. Dealers will cut the guide loop, remove a portion of the loop, and the remaining sides should be folded over and secured with a retainer. The recall began July 21, 2005. The GM recall number is 05037.