2002 GMC Sierra 3500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 GMC Sierra 3500
- Check Engine Light Due to Gas Cap Issue
- Daytime Running Lights are Prone to Burning Out
- Parking Brake Does Not Hold Due to Worn Parking Brake Shoes
- Check Engine Light Due to Restricted Secondary Air Injection Check Valves
- Replace ABS Control Module to Prevent Pump From Running After Ignition is Turned Off
2002 GMC Sierra 3500 Problems
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
The daytime running lights are prone to burning out. Our technicians tell us that the light sockets may show signs of heat damage but usually are OK. Always be sure to use the correct replacement bulb for the best life expectancy. The new bulb recommendation for 2001-2003 models is #4114K (trade number).
Units with 4 wheel disk brakes may develop at situation where the park brake does not hold as it should. Our technicians tell us this can be caused by worn park brake shoes located inside the drum section of the rear brake disks. The worn shoes should be replaced and properly adjusted to correct this issue.
2002 GMC Sierra 3500 Questions
I have a duramax 6.6 and once I drive for about a mile the ABS light pops on and the truck down shifts, bringing my speed down to about 55 mph. I have been told something about slack in the transfer case and then he change to something else not sure of this guy.