2008 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 GMC Sierra 3500 HD
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Problems
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.
The keyless entry system may stop working. Our technicians tell us the key fobs and keyless entry receiver may need to be replaced to correct this fault.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Questions
pulling it up like a 6% grade it will overheat and I have to pull over and let it cool down??
when docking trailer, low revving and slow moving steering becomes non-power. Brakes are quite often "soft" even when steering seems fine. Mechanic says rotors are fissured and needs new pads. Pump is leaking. Is this a Hydroboost thing or just steering pump. Is $3400.00 a reasonable pr...
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Recalls
The heated washer module under the hood could overheat due to excessive current draw. Under certain conditions, this could result in an under hood fire. This previous recall attempt in 2008 to repair this concern did not have the expected success. Dealers will now permanently disable and remove the heated washer module to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin on June 20, 2010.
The wiring to the washer system heater may overheat due to a failure in the heater module. This could cause other electrical features to malfunction, smoke to develop, and an electrical fire could result. Dealers will install a wire harness with an inline fuse to protect the washer heater module. This recall is expected to begin on September 12, 2008. The General Motors recall number is 08048.