2009 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 GMC Sierra 2500 HD
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2009 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Problems
One or more heater & AC (HVAC) temperature and/or air delivery mode door actuator may fail, resulting in improper temperature or air delivery. If this occurs, fault code(s) should be stored in the HVAC control module which should assist in diagnoses.
Gas engines only
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.
2009 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Questions
can't figure to to dislodge the in bumber sensor to be able to replace it in new bumper.
Blows back fuel when filling up. Have to fill it SUPER slow or in short bursts. Very frustrating. Thanks.
It is Fully Charged, The low Pressure Switch has been replaced. but it still turns on and off on its own. The fan does not tirn off it is only the compressure.
2009 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Recalls
The heated washer module under the hood could overheat due to excessive current draw. Under certain conditions, this could result in an under hood fire. This previous recall attempt in 2008 to repair this concern did not have the expected success. Dealers will now permanently disable and remove the heated washer module to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin on June 20, 2010.
2009 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Reviews
Overall, the truck seems to be quite nice. I have had GMC trucks in the past and this new one lives up to its reputation for a solid performer. I do have one beef, that is the shocks...for some reason GM does not pay enough attention to their shocks. They should contract w/Bilstein on their non-Z71 suspensions. I wind up replacing the stock shocks w/Bilstein's, makes the ride a bit firm, bu...