2005 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 GMC Sierra 2500 HD
- Speedometer or Other Instrument Panel Gauge May Work Erratically
- Heating and AC Temperature and Air Delivery Mode Door Actuators May Fail
- Daytime Running Lights Are Prone to Burning Out
- 4WD Transfer Case Position Sensor/Selector Switch May Fail
- Parking Brake Does Not Hold Due to Worn Parking Brake Shoes
- Is there a lot of labor on a oil pan gasket for a 2005 GMC Seirra
- What causes my transmission to not shift out of park into reverse?
- abs light & ck engine light on code 110
- first abs light was on for sometime couple of weeks then went out recently came
- hot air comes out of one side of the vents when a/c is coming out the other
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
2005 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Problems
The speedometer or other instrument panel gauge may begin to work erratically at times. Our technicians tell us that the instrument cluster must be sent to a repair facility to correct this fault. The warranty has been extended on some of these units to 7 years or 70,000 miles.
One or more heater & AC (HVAC) temperature and/or air delivery mode door actuator may fail, resulting in improper temperature or air delivery. If this occurs, fault code(s) should be stored in the HVAC control module which should assist in diagnoses.
The daytime running lights are prone to burning out. Our technicians tell us that the light sockets may show signs of heat damage but usually are OK. Always be sure to use the correct replacement bulb for the best life expectancy. The new bulb recommendation for 2001-2003 models is #4114K (trade number).
2005 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Questions
I was told by the Alan Jay Dealership in Sebring, FL that this was a motor mount recall and I needed to have this repaired. They deny any recalls on my truck other than this and they did repair my speedometer cable and no my steering column rattles and is loose. They tell me my teeth are broken...
when i'm driving and try to roll the window down my buttons don't work,my door locks don't half the time ,I took off the door panel they work fine .put the door panel back on they don't work
2005 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Recalls
The retainer clip for the fuel rail pulse damper may fracture and allow the damper to come loose from the fuel rail. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire. Dealers will replace the engine fuel rail pulse damper free of charge. The recall began August 31, 2006. The GM recall number is 06080.
Some vehicles have a power steering hose that was not made to specification and may rupture under extreme steering conditions. If this were to happen, power steering assist would be lost and steering effort would increase. On vehicles equipped with hydro-boost brakes, braking effort would also increase. If power steering fluid were to spray on hot engine parts, an engine compartment fire could also occur. Dealers will inspect the power steering hose(s) for the two suspect date codes and replace them if needed. The recall began October 14, 2005. The GM recall number is 05086.
2005 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Reviews
Picked up a used 2005 GMC Sierra 2500 HD which was in very good shape. Other than a few cosmetic blemishes, it was respectable. The motor is very strong and has good power, even on steep inclines here in the mountains. I honestly think you could tow just about anything you want with this truck. Plenty of power to do the job. The transmission shifts smoothly, and you barely even notice when it ...
I have had this truck since new in 2005. It definitely is the most comfortable truck I have driven in 33 years driving. Prenty of power, but you pay in MPG with 15 city and 19 road driving just speed limit...if you speed...then drop that 20% and if you tow heavy trailer or boat it drops 40%...shame. I have had trouble with suspension and steering components. The power steering hose both leake...