2005 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 GMC Sierra 2500 HD
- Heating and AC Temperature and Air Delivery Mode Door Actuators May Fail
- Speedometer or Other Instrument Panel Gauge May Work Erratically
- Daytime Running Lights Are Prone to Burning Out
- 4WD Transfer Case Position Sensor/Selector Switch May Fail
- ABS Light Due to Poor Electrical Ground Under the Battery Tray
- What is wrong with my truck if the truck engine turns over but does not start?
- Replaced transfer case, , wiring for sensors are not connected.
- how to fix the rear axle? Right side
- how to fix the rear axle?
- My 4wd is not working. I have a 6.0 auto trans. Manual transfer case. The indicator light comes on. The front driveshaft is spinning. The actuator sounds like it is engaging. Can hear motor in it. Not getting anything at the wheels.
2005 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Problems
One or more heater & AC (HVAC) temperature and/or air delivery mode door actuator may fail, resulting in improper temperature or air delivery. If this occurs, fault code(s) should be stored in the HVAC control module which should assist in diagnoses.
The speedometer or other instrument panel gauge may begin to work erratically at times. Our technicians tell us that the instrument cluster must be sent to a repair facility to correct this fault. The warranty has been extended on some of these units to 7 years or 70,000 miles.
The daytime running lights are prone to burning out. Our technicians tell us that the light sockets may show signs of heat damage but usually are OK. Always be sure to use the correct replacement bulb for the best life expectancy. The new bulb recommendation for 2001-2003 models is #4114K (trade number).
2005 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Questions
2005 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Recalls
The retainer clip for the fuel rail pulse damper may fracture and allow the damper to come loose from the fuel rail. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire. Dealers will replace the engine fuel rail pulse damper free of charge. The recall began August 31, 2006. The GM recall number is 06080.
Some vehicles have a power steering hose that was not made to specification and may rupture under extreme steering conditions. If this were to happen, power steering assist would be lost and steering effort would increase. On vehicles equipped with hydro-boost brakes, braking effort would also increase. If power steering fluid were to spray on hot engine parts, an engine compartment fire could also occur. Dealers will inspect the power steering hose(s) for the two suspect date codes and replace them if needed. The recall began October 14, 2005. The GM recall number is 05086.
2005 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Reviews
Picked up a used 2005 GMC Sierra 2500 HD which was in very good shape. Other than a few cosmetic blemishes, it was respectable. The motor is very strong and has good power, even on steep inclines here in the mountains. I honestly think you could tow just about anything you want with this truck. Plenty of power to do the job. The transmission shifts smoothly, and you barely even notice when it ...
I have had this truck since new in 2005. It definitely is the most comfortable truck I have driven in 33 years driving. Prenty of power, but you pay in MPG with 15 city and 19 road driving just speed limit...if you speed...then drop that 20% and if you tow heavy trailer or boat it drops 40%...shame. I have had trouble with suspension and steering components. The power steering hose both leake...