2004 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 HD
- Speedometer or Other Instrument Panel Gauge May Work Erratically
- Heating and AC Temperature and Air Delivery Mode Door Actuators May Fail
- Daytime Running Lights Are Prone to Burning Out
- 4WD Transfer Case Position Sensor/Selector Switch May Fail
- Parking Brake Does Not Hold Due to Worn Parking Brake Shoes
- Does not Stay running at traffic lights
- Having problems with front brakes locking up... Diagnosis/Solutions?
- There is a "knock" when coming to a stop. When I release the brake there is
- hard bump in drive line when i take off from complete stop. Also when i accelera
- what causes my truck to lose power and start to air pocket.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2004 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Problems
The speedometer or other instrument panel gauge may begin to work erratically at times. Our technicians tell us that the instrument cluster must be sent to a repair facility to correct this fault. The warranty has been extended on some of these units to 7 years or 70,000 miles.
One or more heater & AC (HVAC) temperature and/or air delivery mode door actuator may fail, resulting in improper temperature or air delivery. If this occurs, fault code(s) should be stored in the HVAC control module which should assist in diagnoses.
The daytime running lights are prone to burning out. Our technicians tell us that the light sockets may show signs of heat damage but usually are OK. Always be sure to use the correct replacement bulb for the best life expectancy. The new bulb recommendation for 2001-2003 models is #4114K (trade number).
2004 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Questions
u turn on the vehicle put it in drive, about a mile into driving it starts to lose power and u have to slowly release gas peddle until it catches speed, but as soon as u try to push in gas alittle more, speed goes down and starts to air pocket and seems like it is choking. i was told it could be ...
and the truck goes into neutral and i have to shut the truck off in order for the truck to go into gear, sometimes in goes into first gear and i have to shut it off again and the engine light goes off
The left side windows of the truck work fine but the right side will not go down.
2004 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Recalls
The retainer clip for the fuel rail pulse damper may fracture and allow the damper to come loose from the fuel rail. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire. Dealers will replace the engine fuel rail pulse damper free of charge. The recall began August 31, 2006. The GM recall number is 06080.
The second row center seat belt routing may make it difficult to position correctly on smaller passengers. If the seat belt rides up to fit around the abdomen, the risk of internal injury is increased in a crash. Dealers will cut the guide loop, remove a portion of the loop, and the remaining sides should be folded over and secured with a retainer. The recall began July 21, 2005. The GM recall number is 05037.
2004 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Reviews
Other than the computer and seat module issues it is a great truck.
Hello my truck runs great but the A/C / Heat control only works on HIGH!! I think I'm going to change out the control unit . How does that sound??? THANKS!! Oh also the turn signals ,when activated left/ right set the hazards off?!?! Spooky