2001 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 GMC Sierra 2500 HD
- Speedometer or Other Instrument Panel Gauge May Work Erratically
- Heating and AC Temperature and Air Delivery Mode Door Actuators May Fail
- Daytime Running Lights Are Prone to Burning Out
- 4WD Transfer Case Position Sensor/Selector Switch May Fail
- Parking Brake Does Not Hold Due to Worn Parking Brake Shoes
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2001 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Problems
The speedometer or other instrument panel gauge may begin to work erratically at times. Our technicians tell us that the instrument cluster must be sent to a repair facility to correct this fault. The warranty has been extended on some of these units to 7 years or 70,000 miles.
One or more heater & AC (HVAC) temperature and/or air delivery mode door actuator may fail, resulting in improper temperature or air delivery. If this occurs, fault code(s) should be stored in the HVAC control module which should assist in diagnoses.
The daytime running lights are prone to burning out. Our technicians tell us that the light sockets may show signs of heat damage but usually are OK. Always be sure to use the correct replacement bulb for the best life expectancy. The new bulb recommendation for 2001-2003 models is #4114K (trade number).
2001 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Questions
Everything seems to be working except the starter. No clicking or any other noises from it.
they get so tight i have to stop and open the zerks to releave presure, thats normal driving, but comming to a stop i but it in nutrial and use brakes they seem to not lock up so soon
i got my truck washed today and they locked the keys in it after using a slim jim we got into the truck with no problem but now the service ngine soon light and the decreased engine power light is on does anyone know how to reset the computer or how to get the truck to run right?
2001 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Recalls
2001 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Reviews
I bought this truck in August 2001 with 5,500 miles. Now has 152,000 miles. Engine is 8.1 liter with Allison 5speed. Don't think I'll ever part with it. Gets about 14-15mpg empty if driven sensibly, and about 10mpg pulling my 35' 5th Wheel that empty weight is 12,500#. And this truck is a 4x4. With exception of a couple minor sensor issues, It has performed flawlessly.