2002 GMC Sierra 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 GMC Sierra 1500
- Why is one side of front headlight dimmer then other one
- Replaced fuel pump engine died security light was on
- Truck stalled, would start but only for a few seconds idle @500rpm stall again
- Best way to drive it is 2wd in the ice
- Battery light comes on and off when it on my a/c blower want work until it goes
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 Problems
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
It is common for the fuel level sensor in the fuel tank read the fuel level incorrectly. The sensor must be replaced to correct the condition. Our technicians recommend having the complete fuel pump module replaced on high mileage vehicles.
The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft. Our technicians tell us that you should check with you local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 Questions
2nd fuel pump. Security device or electronic or computer related malfunction but not really a fuel pump failure?
Got the truck started for about 15 secs after banging on the fuel tank and filter, idled at 1500 then stalled again, would not restart after that