2002 GMC Sierra 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 GMC Sierra 1500
- When I apply the brakes it grabs and pulls to the right
- Replaced ABS brake lines. Truck now shuts off right away and can't bleed lines.
- If your abs systsem is faulty what other parts can it damage? Transmission? Tran
- 4x4 not working? Replaced actuater and still not working.
- engine quits, like it ran out of fuel, slight misfire and gone ! 160 K on it
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 Problems
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
It is common for the fuel level sensor in the fuel tank read the fuel level incorrectly. The sensor must be replaced to correct the condition. Our technicians recommend having the complete fuel pump module replaced on high mileage vehicles.
The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft. Our technicians tell us that you should check with you local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 Questions
What are the short and long term effects on a transmission with a faulty abs system.
When i try to put it in 4hi, i can hear the actuater kick in ( just replaced it ), but i dont hear it kick in. Then i will put it in neutral and put it in 4 low and i can hear it kick in then i'll press the gas and it sounds like it revs then jumps. I'm thinking it could be the transfer c...
changed fuel filter, fuel pump runs, trouble code for low fuel pressure and crankcase position sensor, is this common problem intervals to stall seem to be getting shorter