1999 GMC Sierra 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 GMC Sierra 1500
- truck is pulling charcoal out of the vapor canister and plugging fuel filter?
- Heat (and AC) won't blow out floor vents and blower only works on speeds 3-5.
- Gmc seirra 2009 , I try to put it in four wheel drive but won't go in
- New window regulator, new switch, new motor. When key is on window motor engages down and stays down. Pressing on up switch only breaks the down circuit and will not roll the window up. How to get window to roll up and down again?
- My truck will turn over but will not start.
1999 GMC Sierra 1500 Problems
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
It is common for the fuel level sensor in the fuel tank read the fuel level incorrectly. The sensor must be replaced to correct the condition. Our technicians recommend having the complete fuel pump module replaced on high mileage vehicles.
The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft. Our technicians tell us that you should check with you local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.
1999 GMC Sierra 1500 Questions
we have bought a brake light control switch, cannot find where is located on the truck
1999 GMC Sierra 1500 Recalls
1999 GMC Sierra 1500 Reviews
I got my 1500 2WD Sierra on 1999 brand New I have been pulling a 18 feet boat every summer I have now 185000 miles on it and Not a problem with this truck I am ready to get me another GMC sierra, I think is time to give this a break from the abuse I have given to it