1999 GMC Sierra 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 GMC Sierra 1500
- My truck will turn over but will not start.
- Why does my truck get stuck in 4 wd ever since I changed my axel seals?
- why is my transfer case stuck in 4lo did transmission swap but worked fine befor
- The brake lights on our 1999 Sierra 1500 will not work, have changed the bulbs
- I have bad clanking noise when in 4WD.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1999 GMC Sierra 1500 Problems
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft. Our technicians tell us that you should check with you local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.
It is common for the fuel level sensor in the fuel tank read the fuel level incorrectly. The sensor must be replaced to correct the condition. Our technicians recommend having the complete fuel pump module replaced on high mileage vehicles.
1999 GMC Sierra 1500 Questions
we have bought a brake light control switch, cannot find where is located on the truck
I hear it directly under my driver's seat
why is this reoccurring and is this the problem? it is noticeable at slow speeds, 15-30 and when I turn the wheel to the right
1999 GMC Sierra 1500 Recalls
1999 GMC Sierra 1500 Reviews
I got my 1500 2WD Sierra on 1999 brand New I have been pulling a 18 feet boat every summer I have now 185000 miles on it and Not a problem with this truck I am ready to get me another GMC sierra, I think is time to give this a break from the abuse I have given to it