1999 GMC Sierra 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 GMC Sierra 1500
- Both my brake lights ,ABS and the redBRAKE, come on Every other time I start it.
- my heater wont switch over to ac, and i replaced the heater as controls assembly
- truck is pulling charcoal out of the vapor canister and plugging fuel filter?
- Heat (and AC) won't blow out floor vents and blower only works on speeds 3-5.
- Gmc seirra 2009 , I try to put it in four wheel drive but won't go in
1999 GMC Sierra 1500 Problems
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
It is common for the fuel level sensor in the fuel tank read the fuel level incorrectly. The sensor must be replaced to correct the condition. Our technicians recommend having the complete fuel pump module replaced on high mileage vehicles.
The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft. Our technicians tell us that you should check with you local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.
1999 GMC Sierra 1500 Questions
If I shut it off and re-start it. The light will stay off until I start it again. Brake performance is still perfect
1999 GMC Sierra 1500 Recalls
1999 GMC Sierra 1500 Reviews
I got my 1500 2WD Sierra on 1999 brand New I have been pulling a 18 feet boat every summer I have now 185000 miles on it and Not a problem with this truck I am ready to get me another GMC sierra, I think is time to give this a break from the abuse I have given to it