2003 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 GMC Sierra 1500 HD
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2003 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Problems
The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft. Our technicians tell us that you should check with you local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.
A clicking noise may be noted from the turn signal flasher after the turn signals are switched off. This is commonly cause by a faulty turn signal switch which will require replacement.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
2003 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Questions
I have a engine light test guage it comes up as PO0155 02 Sensor Heater Circuit Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor1)Can I repair this myself? I need to get the truck a smog test but can't because the engine light is on. I had it smog tested and it failed. Can you help me Thanks Woody
Sometimes the lights would come on after running but now they have just stopped coming on all together....
While engine is running there is a ticking noise comming from the lifter.
2003 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Recalls
The second row center seat belt routing may make it difficult to position correctly on smaller passengers. If the seat belt rides up to fit around the abdomen, the risk of internal injury is increased in a crash. Dealers will cut the guide loop, remove a portion of the loop, and the remaining sides should be folded over and secured with a retainer. The recall began July 21, 2005. The GM recall number is 05037.