2008 GMC Savana 3500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 GMC Savana 3500
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
2008 GMC Savana 3500 Problems
The fuel pump may fail causing the engine to stall and not restart.
One or both secondary air injection check valves may become restricted causing poor air flow resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light. It is often recommend to replace both check valves even if a fault code is set for only one bank of cylinders. Replacing only one valve may result in a return trip to the repair shop.
2008 GMC Savana 3500 Recalls
The transmission management software could be faulty and may cause the transmission to shift erratically or the engine to stall at highway speeds. This could result in transmission damage and vehicle breakdown. Dealers will reprogram the transmission control module and engine control module. The GM recall number is N080218. This recall began on July 30, 2008.
The frame rail of the vehicle may be wider than intended. If this is the case, the fuel tank may rub on the frame rail and eventually may leak. Leaking fuel presents a fire hazard. Dealers will inspect the vehicle and modify the frame rail if required. The GM recall number is 080205. This recall began on July 30, 2008.