2001 GMC Savana 3500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 GMC Savana 3500
- Hi, I am trying to locate the ECU in my 2001 GMC Savana cutaway van chassis box
- No spark, fuel gauge pegged beyond full. Changed rotor, cap, coil and ecm.
- Why wont my engine shut down ? And my lights stay on?
- My van won't start or anything. Battery has been checked and it is fine.
- how do I disconnect the throttle govenor?Dangerous at 68 mph maximum speed.
2001 GMC Savana 3500 Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
The tail light wiring harness in the cargo area is not protected very well. As a result it may become damaged due to normal wear a tear. This damage can causing some or all of the rear lights to stop working.
2001 GMC Savana 3500 Questions
I have been having problems over the years with no starts. I had the truck running the other day ready to drive off and the truck died. I checked gas (gas gauge problems for years now), and added gas,and still no start. I hear the fuel pump when turning key to "on" position. I wan...
she started last night, but now fuel gauge pegged and will not start. fuel gauge not pegged will start. HELP!
Ignition switch is turned off and in park. I have to pull the pmd to shut it off.