1999 GMC Savana 3500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 GMC Savana 3500
- Electrical components under front carpet may be damaged when cleaning van interior
- Tail Light Wiring in Cargo Area May be Damaged
- Intake Manifold Gaskets May Leak Coolant or Engine Oil
- Replace Fuel Filter Every 30,000 to Prevent Fuel Pump Failure
- Check Engine Light and Misfire Due to Stuck Fuel Injectors
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
1999 GMC Savana 3500 Problems
The tail light wiring harness in the cargo area is not protected very well. As a result it may become damaged due to normal wear a tear. This damage can causing some or all of the rear lights to stop working.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
1999 GMC Savana 3500 Questions
Do you have instructions for replacing fuel injectors?
This van has a sercruity system of some kind that keeps it from starting.When the light is flashing on the dash its not going to start. this happens once every two weeks. I have owned this van 10 years. I would like to disconect or by pass this system. Is this possiable. Thanks
If there is a small leak in the rdaiator can it be repaired or must it be replaced and what's the cost difference and time frame?