1998 GMC Savana 3500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 GMC Savana 3500
- Electrical components under front carpet may be damaged when cleaning van interior
- Intake Manifold Gaskets May Leak Coolant or Engine Oil
- Tail Light Wiring in Cargo Area May be Damaged
- Replace Fuel Filter Every 30,000 to Prevent Fuel Pump Failure
- Check Engine Light and Misfire Due to Stuck Fuel Injectors
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1998 GMC Savana 3500 Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
The tail light wiring harness in the cargo area is not protected very well. As a result it may become damaged due to normal wear a tear. This damage can causing some or all of the rear lights to stop working.
1998 GMC Savana 3500 Questions
3 Mechanics cant find whats wrong with 2 air conditioners in my 1997-98 GFMC Savana short school bus.3500.I bought the short school bus and converted it in to a vending bus by taking out all seats and put in cabinets shelving etc...There's one air conditioner of course that is part of the tru...
I have to literally jump the battery in my bus everyday.It is a 1997-98 Savannah 3500 short school bus.I bought it and use it for a vending bus..I had to do that everyday for 6 months..NOT ONE mechanic could tell me why..I bought a new battery in April,2014 because some one told me the battery I ...
shifts good when it shift to the last gear it pulles back