1998 GMC Savana 3500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 GMC Savana 3500
- Tail Light Wiring in Cargo Area May be Damaged
- Electrical components under front carpet may be damaged when cleaning van interior
- Intake Manifold Gaskets May Leak Coolant or Engine Oil
- Replace Fuel Filter Every 30,000 to Prevent Fuel Pump Failure
- Check Engine Light and Misfire Due to Stuck Fuel Injectors
- speedometer showing 180 km/hr...only going 80..engine seems to kick off
- Where is the fuel filter? Also where is the fuel pump? Thanks!
- Auto transm does not shift into high gear when the light in the shift indicator
- my signals flash quickly and both flash on right side on. also when headlights o
- Air conditioner doesnt work
1998 GMC Savana 3500 Problems
The tail light wiring harness in the cargo area is not protected very well. As a result it may become damaged due to normal wear a tear. This damage can causing some or all of the rear lights to stop working.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
1998 GMC Savana 3500 Questions
It is also a diesel. It's not turning over and there is no fuel smell, could it be just the fuel filter or could it be something else. Thanks again.
is out. When engine is warm the light goes on and the transm goes from low to high gear.
car will not go over 35mph when light is out
3 Mechanics cant find whats wrong with 2 air conditioners in my 1997-98 GFMC Savana short school bus.3500.I bought the short school bus and converted it in to a vending bus by taking out all seats and put in cabinets shelving etc...There's one air conditioner of course that is part of the tru...
1998 GMC Savana 3500 Recalls
The retractor that secures a wheel chair in a handicapped conversion vehicle may be ineffective. Dealers will inspect and replace the wheel chair securement retractors as necessary to resolve the concern.