1999 GMC Savana 2500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 GMC Savana 2500
- Electrical components under front carpet may be damaged when cleaning van interior
- Tail Light Wiring in Cargo Area May be Damaged
- Check Engine Light and Misfire Due to Stuck Fuel Injectors
- Replace Fuel Filter Every 30,000 to Prevent Fuel Pump Failure
- Leaking Water Pump May Cause Coolant Loss and Overheating
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1999 GMC Savana 2500 Problems
The tail light wiring harness in the cargo area is not protected very well. As a result it may become damaged due to normal wear a tear. This damage can causing some or all of the rear lights to stop working.
One or more fuel injectors may become stuck closed causing an engine misfire and the Check Engine Light to illuminate. Our technicians tell us that this problem can be caused by some fuel additives. There are special procedures which may be able to restore the affected injector. If this fails the affected injector must be replaced.
1999 GMC Savana 2500 Questions
what is the trick connecting the bracket?
It has a brand new fuel pump and filter. It has oil pressure but it wont fire up on its own. If you spray started right in the carb it will fire but only for a couple seconds.
Changed the front two o2 sensor , added 93 octane gas , run fine for 10 miles , then shut off truck and then drove 5 blocks and the po 325 came right back , the truck runs good .
any ideas ???
1999 GMC Savana 2500 Reviews
I have a 1999 GMC Savana 2500 cargo van with the 5.0L V8. I use this vehicle for work and I treat it pretty poorly, but it keeps coming back for more. I've replaced a transmission, alternator and it eats brakes because of the hills around here, but I expect that! I'll consider another one when this one is put out to pasture!
Our 1999 is the worest van I have ever had. It is so cheaply made. The spare tire cable broke and my spare fell off. My door locks are falling down inside my doors. My door panels are all cracking and becomeing so brittle. My radio only works when it wants to. The van body shifts or twists and binds the doors so they are real hard to open and close sometimes. The paint is peeling off in large c...