1996 GMC Savana 2500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 GMC Savana 2500
- Electrical components under front carpet may be damaged when cleaning van interior
- Tail Light Wiring in Cargo Area May be Damaged
- Replace Fuel Filter Every 30,000 to Prevent Fuel Pump Failure
- Check Engine Light and Misfire Due to Stuck Fuel Injectors
- Leaking Water Pump May Cause Coolant Loss and Overheating
1996 GMC Savana 2500 Problems
The tail light wiring harness in the cargo area is not protected very well. As a result it may become damaged due to normal wear a tear. This damage can causing some or all of the rear lights to stop working.
The fuel pump may fail causing the engine to stall and not restart.
1996 GMC Savana 2500 Questions
My alternator was getting weak, but before i could change it, i went to go to work, and after starting and turning on head lights i saw alternator gage fall. put it back in garage and changed alternator and battery and now refuses to charge. checked all connections and seems to fine. HAD NEW ALTE...
I'm not sure if its a 4L60E, or a 4L80E.