2005 GMC Savana 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 GMC Savana 1500
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2005 GMC Savana 1500 Problems
The tail light wiring harness in the cargo area is not protected very well. As a result it may become damaged due to normal wear a tear. This damage can causing some or all of the rear lights to stop working.
Various electrical components under the front carpet/rubber mat may become damaged if excess water is used to clean the rear cargo area.
It is common for the fuel level sensor in the fuel tank read the fuel level incorrectly. The sensor must be replaced to correct the condition. Our technicians recommend having the complete fuel pump module replaced on high mileage vehicles.
2005 GMC Savana 1500 Questions
the air is cold but cannot change air to work thru dash vents
looking for replacement harness, gm has none available. any else have this trouble?
I have a full size van with 4.3 that will not fire up i have had the fuil pump ,Dis cap Roter , ecm and still not but i will run if i squirt starting fluid in the intake
2005 GMC Savana 1500 Reviews
Bought this van new. very few complaints. used the cigarette lighter and had a major short in the wiring harness. only 77k miles. gm does not stock replacement harnesses. I found a repair shop online that fixes these harnesses and when I asked about repair they said "cigarette lighter? we've been seeing a lot of those". gm denies knowledge of this problem. anyone else have this trouble? ...
I drove a GMC Savana 1500 cargo van for almost 3 years around the San Francisco Bay Area as well cities like Santa Rosa, Modesto and Davis. As a cargo vehicle the performance was amazing, capable to carry a lot of weight and runs smoothly with excellent brakes response. In the outside is a tough car. In the inside the seats arm rest are really weak, but it has a strong A/C. Without any mayor me...