1997 GMC Savana 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 GMC Savana 1500
- Tail Light Wiring in Cargo Area May be Damaged
- Electrical components under front carpet may be damaged when cleaning van interior
- Check Engine Light and Misfire Due to Stuck Fuel Injectors
- Replace Fuel Filter Every 30,000 to Prevent Fuel Pump Failure
- Leaking Water Pump May Cause Coolant Loss and Overheating
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1997 GMC Savana 1500 Problems
The tail light wiring harness in the cargo area is not protected very well. As a result it may become damaged due to normal wear a tear. This damage can causing some or all of the rear lights to stop working.
Various electrical components under the front carpet/rubber mat may become damaged if excess water is used to clean the rear cargo area.
One or more fuel injectors may become stuck closed causing an engine misfire and the Check Engine Light to illuminate. Our technicians tell us that this problem can be caused by some fuel additives. There are special procedures which may be able to restore the affected injector. If this fails the affected injector must be replaced.
1997 GMC Savana 1500 Questions
vehicle is emitting strong gas fumes when running. no loss of power but gas is burning fast
I need to change the flywheel on my GMC Savana 1500. Are there any schematics that show how to do this? thanks.
Savanna 1500 van