1999 GMC Safari Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 GMC Safari
- Why water is mixing with oil and engine not start after it rolls? service eng.on
- Gas tank builds high pressure between fill ups and check engine light is on
- why wont my 1999 gmc safari hold a charge as far as battery alternator goes.
- head problems
- Can an automatic trans lock up jamming the motor? causing it not to turnover?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1999 GMC Safari Problems
The outside door handles are prone to breaking—all doors are affected by this condition.
The power door locks may stop working in one or more doors due to a failed actuator. Replacement of the failed actuator should correct this concern.
Power brake systems using "hydro-boost" may leak power steering fluid from the hydro-boost unit located behind the brake master cylinder. Replacement of the hydro-boost unit is the common repair to correct this concern.
1999 GMC Safari Questions
code P0440 evaporitive fule system do I have a blocked line a bad canister or a bad purge selonoid ?
can I fix or do I need a Mechanic?
i replaced the battery 3 times, replaced the alternator 3 times install a new battery cable (positive)replaced the starter, replaced the the alternator plug and check all the fuse in the fuse boxes under the dash and under the hood and still no charge.
Has a 4.3 liter with steel heads and block,I replaced the head gaskets and had the heads machined,it ran fine for an hour and a half then it overheated,a shop said it either had warped heads or a cracked block.I think that possibly the torque wrench i used may be bad ,if i over torqued the head b...